I finished 2006 in quite a flurry of reading. In August, I attended a Women of Faith conference where I purchased a set of four novels - RV There Yet?, Reconstructing Natalie, My Life as a Doormat (in Three Acts), and Alaska Twilight.I read RV There Yet? in the fall, and I enjoyed it. It's a tale of three middle-aged women who set out cross-country in an old RV. Their goal is Estes Park, Colorado, where they plan to help renovate a Christian camp they attended as teenagers. It was an easy read, but not my favorite of this set.
Next, I read Reconstructing Natalie, the story of a 26-yr old single woman who discovers that she has breast cancer. The story of her journey through diagnosis, surgery, and treatment is spell-binding. I was laughing on one page and crying on the next. It was one of the most powerful books I have read in a while.
Just before New Year's, I finished My Life as a Doormat (in Three Acts). Leah is a struggling playwright who is trying to write a play that equals her surprise hit first play. Her personal life is too predictable - so predictable that she is bored with it. When her boyfriend signs her up for conflict resolution class, she learns more about herself than she dreamed she would. It took a few extra pages to really get into this one, but I enjoyed it.
I haven't read Alaska Twilight yet, but I think it's next.
1 comment:
Very cool! Now I can check out your blog when I am in the market for something new to read (besides the paperback thrillers that I am addicted to LOL) I will be adding you to my blogroll and maybe this little local blogging community will do some growing!
Post a Comment